Hey, everyone! It’s been a very exciting couple of days what with all the firsts that have been happening on my blog this week. So… I thought I would carry on with the tradition and give you a recipe! The first ever recipe to go up on my blog! Yay! So if you couldn’t already guess from the title, we are shaking things up (excuse the pun) and making a MILKSHAKE! But not just any milkshake… We are making a CARAMEL AND BANANA MILKSHAKE! This is my own original recipe and I was inspired by the Like Mother Like Daughter Caramel Banana Cream Pie! The ingredients I used are mainly items commonly found in your fridge and fruit bowl, which makes this recipe super easy to throw together.
For the ingredients you will need:
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 a cup of Milk
- 1 TSP Vanilla Essence
- 35g of Caramel Sugar
- 1/2 a cup of Cold Water
- A couple Ice Cubes
- First things first, peel and slice up your banana (The size is irrelevant).
- Place 1/2 of the cold water into a purifier or blender.
- Place your cut up banana into the purifier and blend until the consistency resembles a thin puree.
- Set aside.
Following on from that…
- In a small saucepan pour in the other 1/2 of the cold water
- Pour the milk into the saucepan and stir for a minute on low heat
- Pour in the vanilla essence
- Pour in the caramel sugar and stir until it is dissolved
- Pour the caramel sugar mixture into another container or bottle and allow it to cool until it reaches room temperature.
After following those steps this is what you need to do.
- In a blender place the ice cubes (You could also add some caramel or vanilla ice cream if you would prefer a thicker milkshake)
- Pour in the room temperature caramel sugar mixture
- Pour in the pureed banana
- Blend it all up!!!
You can then choose to decant your Caramel & Banana milkshake into any cup, jar or bottle that your heart desires! You can add some whipped cream and maybe even a few sprinkles! I chose to pour mine into two glass drinking jars (Because maybe just maybe I have a mild obsession with jars) and then I just placed some stripey straws and in true blogger fashion, made them pose while I took numerous photos. I hope you will take this to your kitchen to try and maybe even make a milkshake out of a different dessert?!